Thursday, June 18, 2009

Back in South Korea

Dear Friends,

It's good to be back in South Korea!

My trip to China was a good one. I got some much needed rest, and had a lot of fun meeting new people, seeing new places and visiting with Titus and Ruth. For having been there a month, though, I really don't have a lot to say. The reason I went was just to get a break, and how much can one say about rest? It was fun to explore the neighborhood that I was in, and to go shopping, and to try out a veeeery little bit of Chinese with the taxi drivers.

Actually, having to play charades for a month made me really appreciate how much Korean I can speak. It's good to be back in a country where I understand most of what's going on around me, and know my way about, and can understand the culture.

I came directly from the airport, on Monday, to Namsan Childrens' Home, where I'll be living for the next two months. It's a busy place, with 50 plus kids running around. I'll be working with another volunteer over the summer, and our main responsibility will be English teaching (surprise!).

Since it's only been three days (and also, because I have to take off), I don't have that much to say. Hopefully next time I write, I'll have more news for you all. Mostly I just wanted to touch bases and let you all know that I'm still alive and doing well! Thank you for your prayers!

Elisabeth